Stay Dry superhydrophobic textile and leather nano coating spray is a biosolvent based formula and is created specifically for the protection of all textile, leather, and suede articles including but not limited to clothes, shoes, bags, sportswear, and outdoor equipment.
It forms an invisible protective coating on the material up to the level of the individual fiber preventing the infiltration of liquids, such as red wine, into the fibers and as such inhibiting the formation of stubborn stains. Fluids entering in contact with the treated article are easily removed with a moist cloth and will not cause any damage to the article. The protection of the treated material lasts for 6 months up to 2 years.
In the past many solvents have garnered a negative reputation for being environmentally harmful or toxic. Stay Dry textile protection, however, utilizes alkane isoparaffins, a mixture of hydrocarbons (mineral oils), as the formula’s solvent base. This maintains the formula’s eco-friendly status.
Stay Dry Textile and Leather formula is highly sensitive to laundry and other detergents. We recommend washing items treated with this formula only with warm water without detergents.
Stay Dry nano coating spray offers the following advantages:
- instant and long-lasting protection (up to 18 months)
- no alteration of the color, texture or breathability of the treated material
- safe and easy to apply
- the high penetration capacity provides protection even below the surface
- any article maintains its new look for a long time
- time and frequency of cleaning are significantly reduced
- protection against UV radiation preventing any change of color of the material
- the maintenance of the surface requires less detergents or cleaning agents
- protection against acid rain and pollution
* superhydrophobic properties are partially dependent on the surface/fiber structure, due to a wide network of fibers superhydrophobic properties will be attained. On leathers, no superhydrophobic effect will occur due to the close network of the material. although the water protection rate is the same. Stay dry is highly recommended use for protecting: shoes, gloves, jackets, bags, and leathers.
How to use nano coating spray:
1. Clean the substrate when polluted. We’d always recommend cleaning your gear with GoGoNano Clean before adding any water-repellent treatment.
2. Shake bottle well before using it.
3. Spray evenly on the surface, approx. from a 10 cm for textile and 30 cm distance from leather.
After the evaporation of the solvent a Fluor polymer modiﬁed nanolayer is formed. This layer of a thickness of a between 100 nanometres to microns (1/1000 mm) is water and oil repellent. The complete drying process and effectiveness of the impregnation will take in approx. 24 hours at RH of max 70%. After staining the substrate with water or oily like products, the stain has to be absorbed with absorbing paper.
Do not wipe the stain away. Oily stains can form a shadow or ring. This can be removed or strongly reduced by cleaning with a detergent. The uniform coated layer does not affect the appearance of the textile or leather. Some substrates may become slightly darker in color. This is depending on the amount and thickness of the coating layer.
The product has been tested to be active after application for 18 months, however, if items are frequently used or by wear and environmental circumstances this time frame will be reduced. When the goods are intensively used or exposed to friction the recommended re-applying should be each 4-6 months.
When not intensively used recommended re-application should be 12 – 16 months.
After approx.20-30 minutes, depending on temperature and surface porosity. The complete drying process and effectiveness of the impregnation will take approx. 24 hours. Do not stain with oil or water during the drying step.
Depends on the application method, coating thickness, and absorbency of the substrate. The coverage with the brush method is approx. 2 m²- 10m2/litre.
– Stay Dry nano coating spray in closed containers can be used upon 2 years.
– Protect packaging against direct sun light.
– Keep packaging tightly closed.
– Store in a dry area.
– Avoid frost.
Over extended periods of storage, the nano spray might naturally settle. Just give it a gentle stir or a good shake to mix it up evenly before using.
Stay Dry nano coating spray is suitable for:
- Mesh fabric
- Soft Shell
- Gore-tex® and eVent® linings
- Synthetic blends